Wednesday, May 7, 2014

THE MOTHERS THAT INFLUENCED OUR LIVES

Mother's Day is this Sunday and we wanted to take a minute to appreciate our moms and how they've made an impact on our lives.

David's Mom,

"My Mother is very into crafts and making things to better her home. She was always knitting throws, sewing together scraps of fabric into quilts for our beds or crocheting doilies.

I think this really made an impression on me, as I have an incredible love for textiles. Although I was trained in graphic design, I worked for quite sometime in a fabric workroom making cushions, drapery and I even designed quilts for every bedroom of a famous comedian's New York town house.

My mother would love the knitted feel of the Cornucopia Cushions from Tabula Rasa." 










































Robert's Mom,

"When I was a child my mother would always take me shopping, I was practically raised in a store, we mostly visited home decor shops, she loved to redo our home often, new accessories, furniture, painting, wall papering, etc. She was so proud of her home and made sure it always looked beautiful.

I definitely followed in her footsteps, one of my first jobs was in retail, it just seemed natural to me to continue her path of shopping for the home and open a home decor showroom. 

I think if my mother were alive today she would be proud of what David and I have created in Provide. I think she would be our best customer, she'd want everything. 

The AKMD mango wood candle sticks would be a favourite of hers. Happy Mother's Day mom!"

By Robert Quinnell



Megan's Mom,

"My mother is 100% the reason I got into Interior Design. Being an Interior Designer herself, I grew up going with her to job sites and helping her pick out finishes and furniture for clients. When she was a drafting/AutoCAD teacher I used to love going with her to her classes and listening to her teach white I sat at the drafting boards doodling out floor plans.

Her attention to detail and appreciation for hand crafted fine quality items has influenced me greatly. Teaching and mentoring me every step of the way, she is my role model and I would not be where I am today without my mom. 

My mother loves the unique patterns and intricate embroidery work in the Charlene Mullen cushions."

By Megan Harrow





No comments: